Present Tense - I live (someplace)
- Bizi means to live (someplace), and is an example of non-conjugated intransitive verb.
- All Basque verbs have a non-conjugated form, and about 30 also have a conjugated form.
- The present tense for non-conjugated Basque verbs is used to show a habitual or repeated action.
- The present tense is formed by combining bizi with the conjugated verb IZAN (naiz, zara, da, gara, zareta, dira).
- The location the subject lives at is in the Insessive (Non) case as in “Ni Donostian bizi naiz” (I live in San Sebastian).
Lesson 1 Vocabulary
- Ni bizi naiz: I live
- Zu bizi zara: You live
- Hura bizi da: He/she/it lives
- Gu bizi gara: We live
- Zuek bizi zareta: You (plural) live
- Haiek bizi dira: They live
- Basseri Farm, farmhouse
Go Back to Home Page!