28. Commands 1
- Now is your chance to be bossy. :-)
- and to understand when someone is trying to tell you to do something.
- The imperative or command form of a Basque verb is in normal speech the dictionary form. Ex: joan, etorri
- The subject is implied to be the listener and the object will take whatever case is appropriate.
- Note that unlike normal sentences, the verb is at the beginning of the sentence, as it is the focus of the sentence.
- egon!: stay!
- ekarri!: bring!
- eseri!: sit!
- etorri!: come!
- gelditu!: stop!
- hitz egin!: speak!
- idatzi!: write!
- hona: to here
Go Back to Home Page!