28. Commands 2
- Ibili, introduced in unit 25, can also have a number of meanings that change depending on context.
- In this lesson, ibili is used to mean “be”. As in “Be careful!” Kontuz ibili!
- Note that when ascending something, you are going toward it, so use the NORA-Allative case, discussed in Unit 16
- Igo zuhaitzera! (climb/ascend the tree)
- and when decending from something, you are going away from it, so use the NONDIK-ablative case, discussed in Unit 14
- Zuhaitzetik jaitsi.(descend/go down from the tree)
- igo!: climb/ascend/go up
- jaitsi!: descend/go down
- irakurri!: read!
- isildu!: quiet!
- itxaron!: wait!
- joan!: go!
- sartu!: enter!
- kontuz!: careful!
- utzi!: drop/release/let/leave
Go Back to Home Page!