Edan 1 (Past)
45. Edan 1
Edan (Drinking) Past
- To speak about drinking something in the past, use the verb "Edan" with either the present (for near past) or past (for distant past) of Ukan.
- Perfect stem + present of be/have (Ukan)
- Nik edan dut. (I have drunk)
- Perfect in present time frame, usually that day.
- Perfect Stem + past of be/have (Ukan)
- Nik edan nuen(I had drunk)
- Time period prior to the day of speaking. Pluperfect: perfect past tense in past time period.
- edan: drank
- baso: glass
- botila: bottle
- garagardo: beer
- ur: water
- ardo: wine
- freskagarri: soft drink/soda/soda pop
- Note Freskagarri actually means refreshing
Go Back to Home Page!