Adjectives & No 2
- Negative sentences are made by putting the word “ez” (“no”,”not”) in front of the verb.
Baina vs Baizik
- The word "baina" means but, or while, and shows a contrast. It is similar to the Spanish word "pero".
- The church was not white, but/while the mini-hotel was white. Eliza ez zen zuria, baina ostatua zuria zen.
- They were students, but/while now they are nurses. Haiek ikasleak ziren, baina orain erizainak dira.
- The word “baizik” is used like baina, but means “not this, but rather that. It is similar to the Spanish word “sino”.
- The car is not red, but rather it is blue. Kotxea ez da gorria, urdina baizik.
- It was not a house, but rather a mini-hotel. Ez zen etxe, baizik ostatua.
Vocabulary Adjectives & No 2
- ez : no/not
- baizik : but rather
- hotel : hotel
- eliza : church
- ostatu : small hotel/mini-hotel
- denda : store
- etxe : house
Go Back to Home Page!