20. Because 1-1
Verbs used with Emotions
- Egon, in Southern Basque (Spain), is used like the Spanish word “estar” for physical, mental or emotional states and locations,
- while Izan is used like the Spanish word “ser”, for characteristics of the object and jobs, that do not change quickly.
- In some cases, using the use of Egon Vs Izan can mean have different meanings.
- Hura pozika da. (He/she is a happy person.(normally happy))
- Hura pozik dago. (He/she is glad/happy. (now/to meet you/to see you,etc))
- To ask questions about the state of someone or something, the question word “nola” can be used.
- When we answer the question Nola? or Zer moduz? the appropriate verb is egon,
- since emotions and physical state are temporary, just as it is when discussing location.
- Words to describe the temporary state, such as: happy, sad, seated, angry, tired, etc. do not have case endings added to them.
- aspertu: bored
- beldur: afraid
- bizirik: alive
- galdu: lost
- lanpetuta: busy
- pozik: glad,happy
- ondo: well/fine
- nola: How?
Go Back to Home Page!