Nahi Izan 4 (in order to do something)
44. Nahi Izan 4
Nahi Izan (in order to do something)
- When expressing the to + infinitive form (not movement, as “in going to a place”, but as “want to/need in order to do something”),
- the action verb is again in the form of verbal noun (present form minus the ”n”),
- but this time “-ko” is added. This form is often used with nahi (want) and behar (need/have to)
- Letxuga behar dut entsalada egiteko. I need lettuce to make a salad.
- Euskaraz ikasteko liburua behar dut. I need a book to learn Basque.
Nahi Izan 4
- giteko: in order to make/do
- erosteko: in order to buy
- idazteko: in order to write
- ikasteko: in order to learn
- irakurtzeko: in order to read
- jateko: in order to eat
- joateko: in order to go
Go Back to Home Page!