This, That and My 2
- Note that possessive adjectives, unlike normal adjectives, go before the noun and do not change when the noun is plural.
- Hura nire laguan da.: He is my friend.
- Haiek nire lagunak dira. : They are my friends.
- For the Basque, the home and relatives do not belong to just one person, so they would not say my house/father/etc. but
- Gure etxea/aita/ama/aitonia/amona (our house/father/mother/grandfather/grandmother).
Vocabulary This & To Whom 2
- nire: my
- zure: your
- bere: his/hers/its
- gure: our
- zuen: your (plural)
- haien: their
Go Back to Home Page!