Non-conjugated Intransitive verbs
- All verbs have non-conjugated form, meaning they do are not conjugated, but are used with a helper verb (Izan or Ukan).
- Some verbs are also conjugated, change the form with tense and subject, and will be studied later.
- Intransitive Verbs are verbs that do not take an object, meaning can’t answer “what”) use IZAN as an auxilary verb
- Ex:You can say “What did he do?, but not “What did he go? So “go” is intransitive and uses IZAN.
- The remote past is used for any time period prior to the day of speaking.
- It is formed with Perfect Stem + past of “to be” (IZAN)
- The perfect stem(past) is the dictionary form.
- Ni atzi iristi nintzen. I arrived yesterday.
Lesson 1 Vocabulary
- egon stayed/was at a location
- erori fell
- eseri sat
- esnatu woke up
- ibili walked (non directional)
- iritsi arrived
- atzo yesterday
- berandu late
- urte year
Go Back to Home Page!